What’s in Your Cosmetics?
Personal care products like make-up, creams, lotions, soaps and shampoo are the least regulated products under the FFDCA (Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act). They do not require safety testing on products before they reach drug store shelves. Many of these products contain harmful preservatives, and these products may be covered by other antibacterial cosmetic rules which are not adequate.
To better understand safety in personal care products, the following table provides a guide to some of the more common ingredients.
- Ethanol (if thistle),* Imidazolidinyl urea,* Diazolidinyl urea,* Sodium lauryl sulfate
What does this mean? All of the above ingredients are preservatives and each one can possess unwanted and harmful side effects on your skin and your body.
- Ethanol is a preservative that is used in many beauty products and it can also strip the moisture from your skin. You may experience irritation or an allergic reaction to it. เด็กไทยโชว์หี In addition, it is a general preservative.
- Imidazolidinyl urea and sodium lauryl sulfate are also both preservatives. Imidazolidinyl urea penetrates the skin more than once and sodium lauryl sulfate can harm the skin’s barrier function by drying it out.
- Diazolidinyl urea is also a preservative, หนังดัง but a less common one. It can harm the skin’s barrier and cause other irritation such as eye irritation, nose bleeds, headaches and rashes; it is also well known to cause birth defects.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a soap preservative. It can harm the skin’s barrier and is also thought to be a carcinogen.
- The Real SLS Contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is almost identical to the compound used in car wash soaps, which can harm the skin and make it dry and itchy.
- The Real SLS table salt is the one used in most bar soaps. It should be used in a professional bar. child personal care products, he added it to the personal care products because he thought it would make them foam better. he was wrong.
- Tolaric acid is also a soap additive used in professional beauty and bar soaps. scientific studies show that tolaric acid does not bind effectively to the skin and may once again cause skin irritation.
- Polyethylene glycol is a cheap synthetic polymer you can find in polythene tins. แอบถ่ายห้องน้ำ It is used industrially as a motor oil and to make lubricants such as garage floor cleaners, car wash soaps and engine degreasers. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)
SLS and PEG is found in most foaming personal care products such as shampoo, toothpaste, hand lotions, air fresheners and about 90% of all foam rinses. SLS and PEG are formaldehyde free and will not strip the natural oils from your skin.
- Waxes: Waxes are added primarily for their drying properties. Certain waxes such as PEG (sodium lauryl sulfate) form a waterproof film on the skin and wait for it to dry. แอบถ่ายใต้กระโปรง Once the pH has flipped back to alkaline, the film unwinds. This property allows for minerals such as iron oxides to be separating from the clay minerals.
- Mica: Mica is also a type of mineral added for their shimmering properties. The shimmer inteloc1024 image of the body they give the illusion of aitaliaand a healthier more youthful appearance.
- Waxes: Waxes are added primarily for their conditioning qualities. Certain waxes such as PEG (sodium lauryl sulfate) form a water resistant barrier that keeps the moisture in the skin.
- Resins: หนังน่าดูตลอดกาล Used primarily for their therapeutic qualities, they bind the active ingredients to the skin cells.
- Waxes: A specialized form of waxes used for intensive exfoliation to remove damaged skin cells and stimulate new cell growth. The addition of PEG (sodium lauryl sulfate) to the wax increases the ability of the Mica particles to absorb light.
What are your options for getting softer pores and skin?
- Be gentle with your skin. Use lukewarm water to wash your face, and minimize the amount of soap you apply.
- Cleanse your skin in the morning with a greasy face wash.
- Avoid rubbing your skin too hard, shaving too vigorously, or using harsh cleansers. These can cause irritation-causing friction.
- Gently massage your skin with your fingertips before washing to loosen flakes and dirt.